Sunday, June 13, 2010
PICTURE PERFECT LIPS STILL EXIST, HERE'S HOW
Someone once said that if diamonds were a girl's best friend, then lipstick would be her soul mate. Most people have cracked chapped, black and very unattractive lips. This is a present day dilemma that most women find themselves in while trying to get their other body parts to fit into the “picture perfect female look” (which some have seen as a size 0, 2, or whatever it’s even called these days), they still have to worry over their lips. I’ll take you through some simple DIY (Do It Yourself) rules, stick to them and watch your lips glow.
1. Exfoliate. To keep the skin on your lips smooth and make lipstick glide on more evenly, regular exfoliation is the way. Take a clean, dry toothbrush (not the one you use to brush your teeth) and rub a bit of Vaseline onto the bristles, gently (not harshly, as you don’t want to bruise your lips) brush your lips for several seconds to smooth away rough spots.
2. Alternate lipsticks from time to time. While matte shades tend to have more pigment and fewer moisturizing ingredients (that's what makes them last longer), most non-matte lipsticks actually help your lips retain moisture. Use both types alternatively for best results.
3. Treat the first signs of aging. One of the most common complaints are those those annoying lip lines that develop with age and trap lipstick. Try wearing a lipstick with retinol. Start now, because you are better safe than sorry.
4. Use the right liner technique. Black contrasting lip-liners are not the way, as we don’t need you to point out the contours of your lips to us. Here’s how to do it correctly: Start with a liner just slightly darker than your lipstick shade and outline the shape you desire (going outside your lip line slightly will make lips look fuller). Next, use the side edge of the liner tip or a lip brush to feather the color inward. Then, fill in with the lighter lipstick. For easy application, choose a pencil in a nearly nude shade.
5. Protect lips from the sun. Because lips have a minimal amount of melanin, they have no natural defense against the sun, always apply an SPF 15 lip balm under lipstick and reapply frequently during the day.
6. Adopt good habits. Too much coffee darkens the lips. Major lip mistakes can result from bad habits; smoking, for example, aside from damaging your health overall, speeds up the formation of vertical lines around your mouth. Licking your lips also can make them rough and prone to chapping (your saliva evaporates and pulls away even more moisture from your lips in the process). Also, no matter how nervous you are, don't bite your lips. The skin there lacks an outer layer of protection that body skin has, so it can easily be broken, making it prone to infection.
7. Use the right shade of lipstick. Just because a particular color is the current rage doesn't mean it will work for you. Test a new shade on your lips, not just on the back of your hand: "You might as well just be looking at it in the tube, because it's not going to be the same on your face.
Follow these steps and place your feedbacks and comments, as I would love to hear from you.
Makeup enthusiast, Fashion and fitness blogger,Fashion critic, fashion writer..... and recent fitness freak..... I'm basically a young lady who fell in love with all things beautiful and just wants to share her interests with the world.