Monday, May 6, 2013

5 REASONS TO MAKE WATER YOUR "BESTIE"

Hello people, happy new week. I want to show you reasons why you should carry a bottle of water with you all the time. It's something I do, a habit I formed when I decided to start shedding the excess kilograms off.

It sounds like an old wives' tale when people say "water is good for you", but I assure it's actually REALLY GOOD for you.

I always recommend the water therapy to people 'cos it works. I had a conversation with someone yesterday who believed that water was fattening. It occurred to me that a lot of people believe this myth, and it isn't true. Water is actually made up of hydrogen and oxygen, and I doubt if anyone would say these 2 gases contain calories (lol).

Anyway I'll be showing you 5 really cool reasons to make your water bottle your next "accessory" (lol).
Pls keep reading...


1. WEIGHT LOSS
Water on it's own isn't a weight loss miracle, but when it's taken in place of soda or sugary juices, it not only quenches your thirst, but also it'll save you the excess calories the sugary drinks would have given you. Make this a regular habit and watch your body lose those pounds.

2. IT HELPS YOUR BODY REGULATE ITS TEMPERATURE
This is especially helpful for people who workout (like me of course). When you exercise, your body heats up, and you sweat. The release of sweat is your body's way of cooling itself down and maintaining its healthy temperature. Drinking of water replenishes your body's water supply, preventing dehydration and ensuring a smooth cooling process.

3. FACILITATES DIGESTION
Water helps your body digest food faster. This is especially helpful for me, cos I hate feeling heavy. The water speeds up digestion. You know the feeling you get when you eat and feel like lying down, well the key is eat less, drink more water and you'll be up and ready to work out or at least go about your business in no time.

4. HEALTHY SKIN
Toxins in the body reflect on our skin, drinking water flushes the system, and keeps your skin moist, soft and even helps it retain its elasticity. A well hydrated skin has a less risk factor when it comes to developing dry issues like aging skin and infection.

5. IMPROVED BOWEL FUNCTION
Water helps the body eliminate waste products, it's guaranteed that when you drink water, you'll urinate more often (that may be abit uncomfortable if there's no convenience around you) but you can be rest assured that it's flushing out the waste products that may otherwise poison the body or cause disease.
I hope I've convinced you to drink more water, it's healthy, it's safe, it improves your looks, and helps shed the calories. What more could you ask for?
Looking forward to hearing from you in the comment box below. Be sure to follow this blog and "like" our fbk page. Stay fit, stay healthy, ciao
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN




4 comments:

  1. I love this article, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnks bubz,started taking lots of water after reading dis.@least i slpt light yday.d funny part was me waking up2 5tyms 2 go nd pee lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Chioma, that could be annoying, but at least it's cleaning your system out.....lol

    ReplyDelete