Thursday, May 9, 2013

7 NEW WEIGHT-LOSS TIPS (WLTs)


Hi lovelies, thank you for reading my blog, I'm especially thankful to those who "follow" my blog and "like" the facebook page. Please be sure to do this if you havn't.
I've brought out some weight-loss tips/rules that I abide by (still trying to lose some weight), I'd like you to go through them, they helped me a lot and they're still helping me, and I want them to help you too. Weight-loss doesn't have to be a drag, you can spice it up abit with these simple tips. Please make sure you read to the end, I'll try to keep it simple and precise. Let's begin...


WLT #1: EAT ABOUT 5-6 TIMES A DAY
Lol, sounds like a lie right, it's not. It's something I still do. The key is to eat some specific types of low-calorie foods, and not to stuff yourself till your tummy's full. It stops you from feeling constantly hungry, and kicks up your metabolism (starvation slows your metabolism). Eat about 100 - 150 Calories of healthy fruits/lean proteins/fibre starting about 3hours after breakfast (pls don't skip breakfast, don't excEed 1200cals and don't eat after 7pm).


WLT #2: FOOD JOURNAL
Just like it sounds, document every single thing you put in your mouth, this keeps you in check. Even things as little as nuts should be documented. People always assume that it doesan't count if it's not a "meal". This isn't true. Every thing we ingest besides water has a certain calorific value.

WLT #3: LOW CALORIE FOODS
Carrots, vegetables, fibrous foods, and water. You can actually consume a moderate plate of vegetable salad(without the dressing of course) and you'll have only consumed about 150 - 200 Calories. Drink water (NOT SOFT DRINKS) with this and you'll find that you're full.



WLT #4: LESS PROCESSED, MORE FRESH FOODS
Substitute your meatpies, doughnuts, burgers etc for fruits and vegetables will automatically lower
you daily calorie intake, and the fibre would keep you feeling fuller.

WLT #5: FEED YOUR CRAVING
This is the funniest part, because a lot of people use this as an excuse to stuff themselves with junk food. PLEASE DON'T! Here's how I feed my craving, I do this once in about 2-3weeks, if I crave junk food, I'll buy a small quantity, and get about 1 or 2 people to share it with me. That way, I feed my craving, but only end up eating about 50 - 150 calories of that particular food.

WLT #6: MAKE UP YOUR OWN RECIPES
I love this part, I play around with vegetables and fruits a lot, so I make up my own salad recipes according to the fruits and veggies that I like most. I simply select my ingredients (fruits, veggies, lean proteins), measure quantity and calorie value (IMPORTANT), mix them up, and VOILA! This helps make my dieting fun. I'll probably do a post on one of my recipes soon.

WLT #7: EXERCISE DAILY
This is probably one of the most important WLTs. Make sure you squeeze in about 40mins to 1hr of "quality" and "concious" exercise everyday. No matter how lazy you feel, summon up the will power to workout.
The key to losing weight is basically "CALORIES IN < CALORIES OUT" (the number of calories you consume each day should be less than what you burn).
Hope you enjoyed these tips. I love reading your comments and answering your questions, please use the comment box to tell me what you think. Till next time, stay healthy, stay fit, ciao.







8 comments:

  1. Bubu you are just the bestest if there is any word like that.... anyways i just want to say a big THANK YOU to u becos a lot of weight loss companies would have requested for money to do this but you have taken your time to help and guide people. love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should working out be everyday ? Cus I work out 4times a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Florence, tedious exercise mustn't be everyday, when i was trying to lose alot of weight, i worked out 6days a week. But when i say you should workout everyday, i mean if you jog and skip about 4times a week, you can swim, do situps, do dumbell lifts, balance and flexibility exercises, squats and the likes on the other days. these would allow your ankles and joints time to rest and heal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adaobib@yahoo.comJune 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM

      So with dis diet so no need of eating rice or soup just only fruits,

      Delete
    2. Hi Ada, it's nice to hear from you. There are different diets actually, usually my diets include every class of food, though some in higher or lesser percentage than others. I personally don't believe that anyone class of food is bad, but everything should be eaten in moderation. For example, my protein diet has carbohydrate too, but in very little quantity, my fruit diet contains other classes of food too, and so on... In the case of rice, it's very starchy, and while i was trying to lose weight, sometimes i'll take it just once a week and little quantity too.

      Delete
  4. love you toooo Ify. Hope its working out oh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for this piece, I'v been trying to create my food journal 4 sumtime nw but I find knowing the calorific content of each food I take in difficult. Pls how do I go about this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, I can refer you to a number of sites, or you can just email me the different foods and I'll do the work for you. Please note that what I'll send to you would be approximates though.

    ReplyDelete