Monday, May 20, 2013

HEALTHY CHEWABLES: NUTS



Hi lovelies,
It's been quite awhile since my last diet post, I've been away from the internet for awhile, but I'm back now.

I want to do a post on NUTS. I like nuts a lot, they are healthy "Chewables". Have you ever felt like just chewing on something, even when you aren't hungry? Well instead of chewing gum, or stuffing yourself with junk food, NUTS are a healthy way to numb that appetite.


Nuts like Almond, Peanuts, cashew nuts, coconuts, and walnuts are included in my diet on a weekly basis.

They are a rich source of Potassium ( this is an important componet of the human cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure). Nuts are known as "GOOD CALORIES" because they help lower LDL (Low density lipoprotein also known as BAD CHOLESTEROL) and the increase HDL (high density lipo-protein also known as GOOD CHOLESTEROL).


Please bear in mind that although nuts are healthy, they also have their individual calorie values, and remember we are on a 1200cals a day diet. Therefore to place them in your individual diets, we need to know their calorie values, so that we can know the amount of nuts we can consume daily or weekly.
Please don't take certain nuts if you have allergic reactions to them. Consult your doctor before you do.

These are approximate calorie values of some nuts:

Almonds - Approximately 7cals/nut
Peanuts - Approximately 4-5cals/nut
Cashew nuts - Approximately 9-10cals/nut
Coconuts - Approximately 354cals/100g Walnuts - Approximately 27cals/nuts

Please note that these are average and approximate values, and not exact values

I love reading your comments, so please ask your questions or place your comments in the comment box beneath this post. Be sure to "follow" this blog and "like" our facebook page too.
Stay Healthy, stay fit, ciao...

4 comments:

  1. but nuts are calorie dense so how do you fit them in, and please i am a very busy person so i barely have time to workout, can a healthy diet of 900 calories and exercises like sit ups and squats i can do at home help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls bubzille I really need your advice. Am 22yrs old,aηδ †ђe last time I checked my weight it was 100kg.plus am very huge. Ђφω do I loss 45kg b4 december? I also want †̥ know if its healthy †̥ take in less than 1200cal in a day.*Meg*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi'
    Just curious what is wrong with chewing gum?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chewing gum makes me veryyyyy hungry, and for someone trying to diet, that's a baddddd thing.

    ReplyDelete