Tuesday, June 18, 2013

BOILED EGGS... HEALTHY AND NUTRITIOUS


Hi lovelies,
It's been awhile, I've been preoccupied with work. I'm back now, and I'm bearing good news. Eggs are the new addition to my diet, I like eggs and I eat them boiled, not fried. They're healthy and nutritious, but like every other food, they should be eaten in moderation.
Well, before I sell you my "egg idea", allow me show you the benefits of including hard boiled eggs into your meal. Let's see some of them, shall we?


1. MUSCLE FIRMING
Muscle is built during a series of resistance workout routines, whether consciously or unconsciously. Tiny microfibers of muscle break down and get bigger in the healing process. Protein is a body building class of food and it contains macronutrients that makes this series of events occur quicker and better. Eggs are complete proteins because they contain the essential amino acids which makes them beneficial for muscle building. A single large hard-boiled egg contains about 6.5 grams of protein. The average person should aim for 0.4 grams per pound of body weight a day, but athletes should consume about 0.4 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight. Since eggs are fast-digesting forms of protein, eat them in a post-workout meal and watch them aid muscle firmness.

2. HIGH PROTEIN
Hard-boiled eggs are naturally high in protein. You need protein to build muscle mass, but it also helps repair all tissues in your body and provides structure for cellular walls. Your diet should consist of 10 percent to 35 percent protein, or 50 to 175 grams for someone following a 2,000-calorie diet, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010.

3. CALORIE CONTENT
One large hard boiled egg contains about 80calories. So you can squeeze it into your diet without fear of surpassing your regular calorie limit per meal. If you are on a strict diet, you can eliminate nearly all of the fat and cholesterol by simply removing all the egg yolk and eating only the lean protein contained in the egg white. This reduces your calorie intake by more than half.

4. VERY FILLING
I personally noticed that when I eat one boiled egg in my breakfast, I remain full for a longer period of time than when I eat cereal or oats.

5. RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE, AVAILABLE AND EASY TO PREPARE
Well, it's rare for most foods to satisfy all these criteria, but egg does. It isn't expensive, it's available in almost every grocery store around, and very easy to prepare. Simply boil them for about 15-20minutes in water, allow them cool down and you can eat them.

I personally don't eat more than 2 boiled egg yolks and 4 boiled egg whites a week. My cholesterol levels are well balanced, I'm healthy and I'm asking you to join me in including BOILED EGGS in your diet. I hope I've been able to convince you. Except advised otherwise by your doctor, make sure you eat 2 boiled eggs a week.
I look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback means a lot to me. Feel free to put your comments in the comment box below.
Till next time, Stay fit, stay healthy, ciao!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN






2 comments:

  1. Bubu I'm impressed,sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chibuzo, this is wonderful. Your research is sure going to help a lot of people. I'll surely help my wife follow your blog articles. Cheers and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete