Thursday, June 27, 2013
FLAT TUMMY 101
It's summer, it's bikini season, everyone's going gaga trying to get that flat midriff to fit into a 2-piece bathing suit. Well, before you dismiss this post because you don't wear 2- piece bathing suits, or you don't swim at all, I'll tell you that it's not just about trying to look good, we need to lose this tummy fat because abdominal fat is one of the worst kinds of fat to have as it leads to a lot of health complications.
It's not just about doing 500-1000 crunches/situps every single day. I'm asking you to please go through this article to see HOW to do it rightly.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing situps, pushups and crunches, I do them myself too. I'm talking about doing them and getting the right results.
Situps without cardio exercises won't give you the desired result, because even if you do 100 crunches a day, and you've got that layer of fat covering up your ab work after all the effort then what's the point? You need to burn the top layer of stomach fat to notice any changes.
The tummy is made up of the layer of fat externally and the stomach muscle internally. To achieve a flat tummy, you need to work on the tummy muscle as well as lose the external layer of fat.
HOW TO GET THAT PERFECT TUMMY
BURN THE LAYER OF FAT WITH THESE ACTIVITIES
2. Cardio exercises like skipping, walking, running, dancing.
3. Jumping Jacks
TIGHTEN YOUR TUMMY MUSCLES WITH THESE:
1. Work on your abdominal muscles at least three times in the week. Crunches, leg raises and side bends for at least three sets of 20 repetitions should be done. Also, do planks by holding your body in a push-up position on your elbows for 30 to 60 seconds for four sets.
Crunches work the upper abdomen, leg raises work the lower abdomen, and side bends work the obliques (what we call love handles). When you get used to these, try including weights to your routine. Note that doing crunches will only build muscle underneath your existing belly fat, but will not burn that fat directly, which is why you should take your cardio exercises seriously.
THE DIET ANGLE
1. Replace your junk food with fruits and vegetables
2. Eat Lean Proteins like boiled egg-whites, fish and boiled chicken without the skin.
3. Eat smaller meals, this will help reduce the size of your stomach walls.
4. Don't eat any meal after 7pm or don't eat anything 2hrs before you go to bed. Digestion is slow when you sleep.
5. Drink the lime/lemon water solution (advantages have been discussed in my lime post on this blog)
6. Replace carbonated drinks with water, and most especially reduce or cut-out your alchohol intake.
I hope this has been pretty self-explanatory, feel free to ask questions in the comment box below. Till next time, Stay healthy, stay fit, stay fashionable, Ciao!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN
Makeup enthusiast, Fashion and fitness blogger,Fashion critic, fashion writer..... and recent fitness freak..... I'm basically a young lady who fell in love with all things beautiful and just wants to share her interests with the world.