Monday, July 22, 2013

FASHION RECYCLE: PEPLUM TOPS


                                  
Hi lovelies,
Happy new week, really hope you had fun during the weekend. I personally was indoors, so I hope you had fun on my behalf.

I want to begin a series of "FASHION RECYCLE" posts. Where we take clothes from previous fashion seasons and simply restyle them.

I'll be starting with peplum tops. Please join me and dig into your glam closets, pick out that peplum top, and let's recycle and restyle them. The peplum was in vogue last season and last 2 seasons... it's fading out now, hence this post.

Well, I personally decided to dust out my peplum top out restyle. A friend of mine suggested I put d looks on my blog, but the bad news is d 2 different days I wore mine, I didn't take pictures. I'll probably do them some other time and upload to this post. Meanwhile I'll show you a couple of pictures that inspired my choice. I hope I can inspire you to restyle yours too... Keep reading


1. OFFICE - THE CORPORATE LOOK
A peplum top paired on a pencil fitted skirt is the perfect feminine yet formal outfit for a monday morning. You simply can't go wrong with this look.
You can play up this look with prints or colours, depending on how conservative your office environment is. Expect to turn a lot of heads though... *wink*
  

2. CASUAL HANGOUTS
Peplum top on a pair of denims (shorts or trousers), puts the F in fabulous. Pair this with the right jewelry and accessories and you'll look like you just stepped out of a fashion magazine.
 

3. CASUAL YET FORMAL
This look's one of my faves, because while it can be made out to be casual, a change of accessories would turn this into that smart formal yet chic look. Here's how: A peplum top and a pair of well fitted trousers would make this look a hit. Wear with flats, fun accessories and all, and you're the casual fun chic. Now try this same look on a pair of pointies, hair packed away from the face, an office bag and simple jewelry, and BAM! You're ready to walk into the office.


Hope I've convinced you, with the pics and all the story (lol), don't give up on your peplums so soon. If you haven't got yours yet, you can get it too. Simply restyle them and you're good to go. Tell me what you think about this post and if you try it out, tell me if it worked for you.
Love to hear from you soon.
Ciao





2 comments:

  1. I like the one with the denim shorts, i really haven't thought of that look

    ReplyDelete