Tuesday, August 20, 2013

KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF

Hi lovelies,

In my previous post, I showed pix of my weight-loss journey, and i talked about my next phase which is how to maintain my present weight. It's actually all about life-style modification, and i'll tell you a little about what I've been doing so far. Pardon my absence from the blogosphere, i actually had a lot of fun visiting tourist centres and stuff. I'll show a couple of pix at the end of this post, so you can see the last place i went to, and share in the fun i had.
Well, back to the main topic at hand, i'll show you a couple of healthy tips(it has to be healthy, because that's really all that matters). Here are 2 basic key things i've been practicing and so far i haven't had any weight-gain or weight-loss:

1.    LIFE-STYLE MODIFICATION NOT CRASH/SHORT-TERM DIET PLANS
Short term diet plans are only good for SHORT-TERM RESULTS, most often, they are not easy to maintain, and it's so easy to go back to old habits when you're on a crash diet. The best thing is to make permanent but convenient changes to your diet, ie changes that are healthy, effective, not drastic and easy to maintain in the long run. I'll tell you some disadvantages of crash diet plans in another post.

2.    KEEP YOURSELF MOTIVATED
I have my motivational tools, they are my food journal and my weighing scale.I use these to track my progress and this keeps me motivated. The food journal helps me ensure that i eat up to but not more than 1900 calories a day (the average female burns about 2000 calories a day), my weighing scale assures me that i'm still on track. My main motivational tool is my blog, the more i tell my story, the more i'm motivated to keep it up and research more because based on my mistakes and successes, i can advice people better. I only give advice based on what i have tried and what has or hasn't worked. My blog is my personal story and your comments and questions keep me on track.

Please feel free to comment and ask questions, and i'll be sure to answer them. I earlier mentioned that i visited some tourist attraction centers in my country. The last one i visited was the Ikogosi warm and cold water spring. It actually flows with warm and cold water side by side, really awesome stuff. I know the pictures cant do justice, but i just really wanted to share them with you. Here are some of the pics, hope you like them.














5 comments:

  1. U re a perfect inspiration. U re so simple n down to earth. Are u married or do u ve a boyfrnd and wat was his view cos my bf is giving me serious issues abt my weight lose. Let's us know wen u eva visit Abuja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, thanks a lot, it's normal to receive serious issues from loved ones. The truth is that you need to have a personal reason for trying to lose weight, because that's what will keep you going. I'll be sure to tell you when I'm in Abuja. Thanks for viewing my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from packaged foods, which have the calorie content written on them, I simply google calorie contents of diiferent foods and fruits with exact measurements. I make comparisons and get approximate values

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bubu. Pls I need to have a chat with you don't know how but can I send u a mail or something? Very important please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete