Thursday, October 17, 2013

JUMP-ROPE: AN EFFECTIVE CALORIE BURNER

Jumping rope, which is popularly known as skipping is an effective calorie burning exercise. During my weight loss journey and even till now, I have come to love skipping because it's CHEAP, effective and can be done indoors.

Sometimes it's raining outside, I feel really bloated, I can't go jogging because its raining outside, and I don't own a treadmill. When this happens, I simply pick up my skipping rope, and pick any space indoors and start burning those calories.

Skipping helps strengthen and tone the arm, shoulder, and calves muscles and it's one of the cheapest fat burning exercises. It's a very good cardiovascular workout and it keeps your heart healthy. It makes you look lean and firm and it improves your agility, posture, balance, reflexes and coordination.

Jumping rope can be pretty intense and tiring when you start, but I encourage you to never stop. It may seem like you can't do up to 50 jumps without stopping. If that's the case, you're not alone. I couldn't do up to 50 jumps when I first started, but now I've actually done up to 700jumps without stopping.

Vary your jumping once you start getting used to it. Alternate your legs, speed up, do various jump styles too.
These reduce boredom and help your body burn more calories.

Be sure to practice a lot because as they say "Practice makes perfect".

The comment box is all yours, I love hearing from you.

Stay healthy, fit and fashionable.
Bubzille


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear. I sent u a couple of mails u didn't reply any and I'm not happy about it thanx. MaryA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, pls resend, I've not got any mail that I haven't replied.

    ReplyDelete