Friday, October 25, 2013

MY COMPLETE BREAKFAST (POST WORKOUT MEAL)

Hi lovelies,
Hope you're having a really nice day, i decided to answer this question with a post. I've often been asked by several people what I eat, and what my typical daily diet especially during my muscle building phase is like. So I decided to show you. i had this immediately i came in from the gym. I'll do a post on my lunch (if I end up having one, cos i feel really full) and also on dinner.
I had to include the basic classes of food. It ended up being a lot for my tummy.
It'll surprise you to know I couldn't finish it up (crazy yea?).

My breakfast comprised of a smoothie, bread, egg, some groundnuts and water. Please keep reading...

INGREDIENTS
2 slices of bread - 180 calories (as indicated on the nylon)
1 boiled egg - 70 - 80 calories (depending on the size)
Groundnuts - about 160 calories (at about 4 calories each). I actually counted out 40 pieces but what's in the plate is a bit more than that for picture purposes. (40 pieces looked scanty in my bowl... Lol)
TOTAL CALORIES = Approx. 410 - 420 calories


SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS

A slice of water melon (about 76 - 86 calories, I may be wrong, but I measured the whole melon in width, length and weight (it's a small one) and matched the measurements to the ones on a couple of websites to get the measurements and blah blah blah... Sorry didn't mean to bore you)
1 plum - About 30 - 40 calories
1 apple - 70 - 100 calories
I blended all the fruits together to make a smoothie, that's the gooey stuff in the tall glass.
TOTAL SMOOTHIE CALORIES = Approx. 176 - 220 calories

HERE'S THE FULL BREAKFAST PIC:

 
BREAKFAST CALORIES GRAND TOTAL = 586 - 640 calories


I couldn't finish the bread, ended up taking one slice, and I took about half a cup of my smoothie, I was actually really full. The rest is in the fridge, I'll add it to my lunch (I guess...).


If you take out my one slice of bread and about half of my smoothies, you can say I had a total of approximately 330 - 350 calories in the main meal and 88 - 110calories in the smoothie.

MY TOTAL BREAKFAST CALORIES CONSUMED = 418- 460calories

Please don't get overwhelmed by the calculations, I just had to break it down for you guys.
I'll do another post to show you what other things I may put in my mouth later today.
Thanks for viewing this post, your questions and comments are most welcome. See you in my next post (hopefully... lol).

Stay Healthy, Fit and Fashionable...
Ciao












3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing dear...I av a problem with those calculations and measurement for weightloss. Expecially bcos pple around me stare like I'm some freak of nature...are there easier ways to estimate or do I just av to measure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dearie, thanks for viewing my blog. I can make estimations based on research i have done online and experience, but most are basically approximations. I think it's more accurate to measure quantities though.

    ReplyDelete