Friday, November 8, 2013

THE JOB INTERVIEW LOOK


Hi lovelies,
First of all I'd like to give a shoutout to a BCB reader who actually suggested this post, I'm really sorry I don't know your name, but I hope you're reading this.
I attended a couple of interviews (still job-hunting), but before I went, I actually decided to check out clothing ideas that are perfect for a job interview. I saw a couple of tips and suggestions and from them I drew up various ideas in my head of what the perfect job interview outfit should look like.



Check these tips out:

#1. Suit
I rarely advice a Suit, except it's an industry that specifically requires it, like the banking/Insurance sector. If you decide to go with a suit then, go with colors like navy blue, black or grey.
These colors exude an air of confidence and maturity that employers want to see.
The skirt suit should be long enough so you can sit down comfortably, without having to adjust it as that could trash the confidence air that the suit was supposed to portray.





#2. Coordinated Shirt
Blouses are good for the workplace but I don't prefer them for a first impression. Go with a formal fitted shirt, I like one colour shirts (not saying stripes are bad though). It's best to wear solid colors that flatter your skin tone.
Don't wear anything too revealing, adjusting it could be distracting.



#3. Trouser/Skirts
The skirt should be a solid colour and shouldn't be too short or too tight. It shouldn't be transparent and you should wear good lingeries to avoid panty lines. The trouser shouldn't be tight, as crotch hugging trousers would seem vulgar. A deep colour too is advised.


#4. Shoes
The shoes should say "I'm fashionable but I place comfort and efficiency first before my fashionable side" (except of course if it's the fashion industry). Conservative colored shoes like brown, black, grey are advised.



#5. Jewelry
Swap your dangling, glamourous earrings for fashionable studs. Limited jewelry's best for an interview. A wristful of bracelets is a total NO for an interview. Try to wear strictly gold, or silver or diamond earrings (even if it's just a look-alike... Lol). Coloured jewelry looks cheap when worn to an interview.


#6. Hairstyle
First of all, your hair shouldn't look old, the aim is to look smart and not scruffy. Oil your hair and pack it nicely, lock back loose strands, make sure you don't have any strands that you'll be flicking back continuously.




#7. Fragrance/Perfumes

I love fragrances, I love mixing them up, but when you go for an interview, you wear your deodorant, and little perfume. Don't bathe yourself with the whole bottle, You never know if your interviewer is allergic, and you don't want to find out during your interview.

#8. Makeup
Wear natural, nude or neutral colors, a thin strip of eyeliner and nude, light lipstick.



Hope these tips have been helpful. The pics are quite a lot because I haven't quite got the hang of this new pic mixing app. Please bear with me.

Love y'all, love hearing from you. Please share the love in the comment box.
Till my next post, Stay Healthy, Fit and Fashionable
CIAO!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment