Saturday, January 18, 2014

WEIGHT LOSS RESOLUTIONS


Hi lovelies,
This post was actually inspired by a BCB reader - Eki. Hi Eki thanks for requesting and I'm glad to oblige.
For starters, I haven't worked out or dieted this year 2014. I'm on a 21 day break, and I'm given my body sometime to relax. I'll resume my "keep fit" routine for 2014 on the 22nd of January.
My Weight-loss Resolution for this year is to be healthy and fit, and in order to do this I have outlined a few tips for myself. Of course my resolutions may not work for you, but I have a few guidelines for those who want to lose weight this year and I hope these help.

#1. LOSE THE NEW YEAR "CONSCIOUSNESS"




I call it the New year consciousness because as the year progresses, people get over the "New year vibe" and ditch the so-called resolutions. This is one major reason a lot of people don't stick to their resolutions.

#2. NO MORE LOFTY IDEAS

Big plans are good but most New year resolutions are tossed by February, and weightloss could be very discouraging. So my plan is to take it 1 week at a time. Instead of saying things like "I will lose 50kg before the end of the year, say "I PLAN to lose 1 kg every week". That's not only doable, it's also healthy, you can track the progress, and with a PLAN, you can stick to it and there's room for improvement. Instead of going vegan, simply cut down on your red meat intake gradually.

#3. EAT RIGHT NOT EAT LESS

First of all, starvation is wrong and it is not a plan. How long will u starve? Most unrealistic diet plans ask you to cut off from some foods totally. I'll advice you to eat healthy stuff. Don't go below 1200 calories a day. I eat my carbs and proteins majorly in the morning (mixed with other classes of food though), proteins majorly at noon also and fruits and veggies majorly at night. I also eat healthy carbs, more of grains, less processed foods, less greasy, less refined sugars etc.

#4. HAVE A SPECIFIC PLAN

Instead of making vague statements like "this year I will join a gym", say " I will join a gym on so and so day, I will put in so and so quality minutes or hours every day or every 2 days, I will eat so and so calories each day..." and so on... It is easier to track your progress with specifics. Vary your workout plans with the help of an experienced guide and time each routine.

#5. WHY LOSE WEIGHT?

What is your reason for wanting to drop the weight? Choose one major reason that has a personal meaning to you, and hold on to it, that's one thing that will keep you going when you feel discouraged.

#6. PICK A PARTNER

Pick someone who inspires you. Someone who is either going through the same thing with you, or has gone through the same thing. Thank God for social media, and all forms of E-communication. Across the world, there are people going through the same thing with you. Meet up with them and inspire one another. This would help you get through each day.

#7. TRACKING TOOLS

The food journal is one major way to track your food intake. write down every single thing you put in your mouth, even to the quantity of water you drink. Your scale is one way to check the kilogram/pounds lost also, I weigh myself every 3 days (some people say its not good though). I personally use these 2 tools and I also have what I call "borderline dresses" (These are dresses that are exactly my size, such that minimal weight loss or gain would be noticed)

#8. SET A TARGET AND REWARD YOURSELF PERIODICALLY

Rewarding yourself doesn't always mean binging, it could also mean going for a relaxing day at the spa, shopping, increasing your diet restriction for one meal (if u must binge, do it with just one meal, don't binge for a whole day or weekend), you can also take a day of your workout to rest etc.





24 comments:

  1. Ƭћǟπƙs bubzille,didn't know you would put this post up so soon. You such a life saver aηδ you motivate ♏ε̲̣ in every min of my weightloss journey. I bless †ђξ day I came in contact with your blog.Eki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really fast or did you have it in mind already? You are doing a very great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear, thanx for viewingy blog. Pls follow me ooooo, I actually had d post in mind sha... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hello I'm a nigerian living in the uk and it's a bit difficult to diet cos I cook mainly nigerian food for my family. Do u hv a diet plan anywhere based on nigerian food cos most of the ones I see online are base on oyibo food and I'd like to mix and match. Pls send me your email address as well. I've followed ur blog for a while now and hv finally decided to say something. Kp up the good work dear, you are truelly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear, it's really difficult finding the calorie contents of Nigerian dishes online, but I'm working on correcting that. My email address is bubzilleclassics@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing my blog. I appreciate it alottttttt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Raspberry Ketone Max

      Delete
  6. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Raspberry Ketone Max

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time I had to comment on this post though I read it.Thanks..

    modest clothing for women & Long Skirts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. hcg diet drops

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. garcinia cambogia extra review

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this good but ,I like your post and good pics may be any peoples not like because defrent mind all poeple ,
    does phen375 work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for viewing my blog. Thanks for the compliment too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. australian garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it. garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am preparing a research paper and collecting information on this topic. Your post is one of the better that I have read. Thank you for putting this information into one post. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually I read it yesterday but I had some thoughts about it and today I wanted to read it again because it is very well written. garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you create this amazing site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own site and
    want to know where you got this from or what the theme is named.
    Many thanks!

    my web blog ... top 10 diet pills

    ReplyDelete
  18. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, you can request for a post if it's related to my blog. Simply send me a mail at bubzilleclassics@gmail.com

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. fat burners

    ReplyDelete