Saturday, July 26, 2014

MY BASIC HAIR PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
Today's Saturday (stating the obvious). How was your workout session today? Mine was awesome. It's  been a while since my last hair post. Do you guys remember that I'm on a personal hair growth journey? Well for those that don't know or don't remember, you can read about it under the HAIR AND BEAUTY tab of my blog. 

Anyway, this post is all about my "basic" hair products. I'm not saying they are the best or they are working some hair magic, but I just want to share why I use them and how I use them. I used the word "basic" because I sometimes add natural stuff like eggs, avocado, mayonnaise etc to treat my hair (I already put up a post on my egg, mayonnaise and shea butter treatment). These products are the ones I basically use. Feel free to advice me on whether to switch up, or drop any of them oh (with cogent reasons of course... Lol). A short pic slide is available on my Instagram page

Alright let's see the products...

                      


1.  Shea butter 
I use this as a prepoo treatment alone or with other natural
ingredients (as seen in my previous hair post), to treat my hair or as a hair cream after conditioning (I apply a little amount to my hair to grease it up a little). 


2. Dark and Lovely 3 in 1 Shampoo

                      

I've been using this shampoo for awhile now, it washes the scalp and hair, nourishes and detangles your hair. When I'm done washing, I have clean, nourished and detangled hair. Although my hair actually feels a little stiff after washing, but that's where the conditioning comes in.

3.  Dark and Lovely Hair Ultra Cholesterol Conditioning Mask 


This product moisturizes and helps protect against split ends and it also detangles my hair.  It helps damaged and dry hair and when I wash it off my hair feels smooth and silky. I use it after I shampoo and towel dry my hair. Sometimes I let it sit in for 10 minutes, or I cover with a plastic bag, and wrap with a towel and let it sit for 45 minutes before I wash off.

4.   Dark and Lovely Corrective Leave-In Conditioning Therapy

                          



Corrective Leave-In Conditioning Therapy strengthens and conditions the hair, I use it to style sometimes, but I basically use it after I have washed off my hair mask and my hair is 80% dry. I apply it in generously. It helps repair split ends and reduce dryness and breakage, and also seals the moisture in.


5.  Dark and Lovely Moisture Plus Olive Oil Deep Moisturizer

                         



It contains nutrients enriched and deeply moisturising Olive oil concentrated with essential fatty acids. It's good for dry or damaged hair (like mine). It nourishes and moisturizers dry and brittle hair. After applying it to my hair, my hair feels softer, easier to manage and slightly more shiny.


6.   Dax Hair Pomade


I use this on my already moisturized hair. It's a good sealant, it provides shine and isn't too greasy. My mum used it on me as a child, so I kinda fell in love with it. I don't really use it on the roots of my hair, just the lengths, cos I'm scared the mineral oil may clog the roots, but so far it's been really good.

7. QP Glaze Conditioning shining gel
I just started using this product, so I can only give an opinion based on my short term use. It Moisturizes, defines, silken sand gives shine. I use it to style my hair and it gives it a very sleek shiny look. 


There you have it, these are my basic hair products, I may or may not add to them in the long run. I'll do another hair post on my natural additional hair treatments, so stay tuned. 

I really hope my hair grows *fingers crossed*...

Till my next post, Stay Healthy, Fit and Fashionable

Bye.

1 comment:

  1. It’s nice to know that you’ve been adding natural solutions for your hair, amidst the presence of synthetic products available on the market. Through that, you were able to maintain your hair’s health and prevent any more hair loss. I hope you’re able to enjoy those products, and I’ll be looking forward to reading your future posts about your natural hair treatments. Stay fab!

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete