This is my first post for FOOD WEEK, sorry it's been awhile since you heard from me. Hope I'm forgiven. Well let's get to today's dish, shall we?
Today's dish is high in proteins and veggies. I named it "VEGAN EGGS", and it sounds like an oxymoron, but the truth is, besides the egg, every other thing is so vegan. It's my go-to Saturday meal (Saturday is my egg day).
I haven't fried egg with oil in a lonnnggggg time (check out my no-oil egg recipe here) cos of the oil fat (I can be a freak about no-oil dishes). Well this time I needed it to make the omelette wrap. The meal you see below including the full cup of pineapples is about 466 calories and it's very filling. Enough of the gist, let's get to prepping... Please keep reading
1/2 green pepper - 12 cals
A bunch of spinach (about 30 leaves) - 60 cals
3 red peppers - 54 cals
1 tbsp Olive oil - 119 cals
1 egg - 80 cals
1 small sized ball of Onions - 28 cals
1/4 small sized pineapple - 113 calories
TOTAL CALORIE COUNT - 466 calories
(Please note that the calorie counts are all approximate values )
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Slice the spinach, 2 red peppers, 1/2 ball of onions. Put 1/4 cup of water to boil in a pot/pan, Pour the onions and pepper into the boiling water, with half the cube seasoning, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of curry powder.
2. Wait for the water to almost dry out, then pour in the spinach, and stir, keep stirring for a minute or till the leaf is edible enough for you (I don't steam mine for long).
3. Beat the egg, and Slice the remaining half of the onions, the green pepper (take out the seeds) and 1 red pepper. Add these to the egg, with salt and seasoning to taste.
4. Place a frying pan on a lit cooker, Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into the already hot frying pan. Roll the pan around till the oil forms a very thin layer round the pan (this is to prevent the egg from sticking to the pan and also to help it wrap the spinach.
5. Pour in the already mixed and beat egg, spread it round the pan, so it forms a wide thin layer.
6. Flip the egg over and immediately pour in the steamed tasty spinach unto one half of the egg.
7. Use the other half of the egg to cover the spinach (it would look like a folded sandwich wrap).
8. Using a flat frying spoon, lift out the wrap unto your plate.
9. Slice and dice your pineapple into a cup, and your meal is ready.
I hope this process is very self explanatory. Have fun with this dish... Ciao