Friday, September 26, 2014

PEAR PORRIDGE WITH PLUM TOPPINGS

Hi everyone,

It's still FOOD WEEK, so get ready for another recipe. This one is quick, filling and very healthy. It doesn't take so much time, and you don't need to be a chef to make it.


To see how I made this, please keep reading...

INGREDIENTS


1 pear - 102 calories
1 plum - 30 calories
3 tablespoons of dry oats - 81 calories
1 tbsp of skimmed milk - 35 calories
TOTAL CALORIE COUNT - 248 calories

HOW TO PREPARE
1. Peel off the skin of the pear, (I do this so that the colour of the porridge remains white, but I don't throw away the skin, I chew it), and remove the seeds. Blend with a little water till it's very smooth.
2. Mix the 1 tbsp of skimmed milk in water and boil in a pot or pan, till it starts to simmer and even thicken lightly.
3. Add the blended pear into the simmering milk and stir till it's evenly distributed.
4. Now pour in your 3 tbsp of dry oats into the boiling mixture to thicken it. 
5. Keep stirring as it thickens to your taste then bring it down.
6. Pour into your plate, and add any sliced fruity topping of your choice. I added my sliced plum as my topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment