Monday, September 29, 2014

PREPPING FOR THE WHOLE 30: STEPS 5 AND 6

 Hi lovelies, 
We are now on the steps 5 and 6 of our whole 30 preparations. I hope you're excited, for those of us just joining in, you can read up on the whole30 from their website here.

Our start up date is October 1st which is the day after tomorrow. I hope you are getting ready, because I sure am. Let's get to steps 5 and 6. 


Keep reading to start prepping...




STEP FIVE: GET YOUR HOUSE READY


This is just an excerpt from the step 5 on the whole30 website. Pls be sure to read all about it here.

It’s time to get your house Whole30-ready. Don’t skip this step! Remember, planning and preparation is everything when it comes to making a dramatic lifestyle change like the Whole30.

Clean House

Time to clean out the pantry—toss the stuff you won’t be eating, give it to a neighbor, or donate it to a local food bank, as long as it’s not within striking distance. Habit research shows that the average craving lasts only 3-5 minutes, which means by the time you change out of your PJs, find your keys, grab your wallet, and head for the door… the craving has passed, and you’ve stuck to your Whole30 another day.

Create a “No Fly Zone”

If you’re the only one at home doing the Whole30, chances are your family isn’t going to take kindly to you tossing their favorite snacks and desserts. Dedicate one drawer in your fridge and an out-of-the-way cabinet for these off-plan items, so you don’t have to reach around the Oreos every time you need a can of coconut milk.

Plan a Week’s Worth of Meals

If you’re a busy bee or just a super-planner, get ahead of the game by writing down a week’s worth of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Remember, meals can be so simple, no recipe is required—just take healthy ingredients and make them a meal. Breakfast can be scrambled eggs, a side of fresh salsa, and a half an avocado. Lunch can be chicken chunks mixed with homemade mayo, celery, grapes and walnuts. Dinner can be a grilled steak, fresh garden salad, and ghee-roasted sweet potatoes.

Go Shopping

Time to stock up on Whole30 foods! Use your meal plan to help you create a shopping list, and head to your local grocery store, health food store, farmers market, etc.

You can download the Whole30 shopping list, meal planners, etc from the links below.


STEP SIX: PLAN FOR SUCCESS



This is just an excerpt from the step 6 of the whole 30 plan, read the full article from their website here.

Prepare, Prepare, Prepare Some More

First, write down every potential stressful, difficult, or complicated situation you may encounter during your Whole30. These may include business lunches, family dinners, travel plans, a long day at work, birthday parties, holiday celebrations, or office gatherings.
Next, create an if/then plan for each potentially difficult situation: “If this happens, then I’ll do this.” Here are some examples:
Business lunch: If my co-workers give me a hard time about not ordering a drink, then I’ll say, “I’m doing this food experiment right now to see if I can make my allergies better, so it’s mineral water with lime for me tonight.”
Family dinner: If my Mom expresses concern about this ‘crazy diet’ I’m on, then I’ll say, “I’m not dieting, Mom—I’m eating lots of healthy food, and I’m really not missing out on anything. In fact, let me bring dessert!”
Travel day: If I get to the airport and my flight is delayed, then I’ll snack on the Primal Pacs, apples, carrot sticks, and the small packet of almond butter I brought in my carry-on.
Long day at the office: If I get home from work starving and cranky and I’m tempted to order take-out, then I’ll pick a meal from my go-to list.*
*Plan three quick and easy “go-to” meals you can make in ten minutes or less, with foods you always have on hand. Some examples are an egg and leftover veggie scramble topped with avocado and hot sauce; a can of tuna mixed with homemade mayo, fresh fruit, and walnuts over salad greens; or a Pre-Made Paleo meal straight out of the freezer. Write your list down and pin it to your fridge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment