It's day 7 of my whole30 programme and I can't believe I haven't had oats in 7 days... Lol, who would have thought? Well I have a new recipe to share with you. I haven't got a name for it yet, so I'll just call it my "potato stack" for now. I had this for lunch today and it was sooooo yummy, I decided to share the recipe here.
1 small sweet potato
HOW TO PREPARE
1. First slice the potato into wide slices(it should be wide cos it's the base of the stack), sprinkle a pinch or 2 of salt and add water, and leave to boil for about 12-15mins. Drain the water, then place in a microwave oven for about 5min ( the microwave part is optional, I only did it to dry the potatoes abit).
2. Slice the carrot into thin sticks, slice the tomatoes, onions, cabbage(about a handful of sliced cabbage), spinach, and pepper into separate plates.
3. Pour about 10 cl of water into a cooking pot/pan on a lit cooker, pour in the carrot to steam for about 3 mins, then pour it out and drain the water.
4. Pour about 5cl of water into the pot, pour in part of the onions, tomato, and part of the pepper with salt and seasoning to taste, let it steam for about 1 min, then stir and pour out.
5. Pour another 5cl of water into the pot, add the remaining onions and pepper, some curry, salt and cube seasoning to taste. When it's steaming, pour in the sliced spinach, stir for about 30 secs to 1 min and bring it down.
6. Now it's time to layer your food. Please note that the layering can be done in any order, and I'll just give my order here from the base up. Potato, unsliced lettuce, cabbage, steamed spinach, tomato sauce, carrot sticks.
LUNCH IS SERVED