Friday, December 19, 2014

MY SOUTHAFRICAN DIARY: JOHANESSBURG ZOO

Good morning everyone,

I just had breakfast and I'm getting ready to go out, but I had to do this post, and so this is me doing it. I went to the Johanessburg zoo while I was in South Africa and I saw a lot of animals, some I took pictures of and others I did not. It was so cold that morning, it even drizzled, so I didn't get to see all the animals, but I hope you like the few pictures I got. Before we get to picture viewing, first let's get a little background story, culled from Wikipedia.

The Johannesburg Zoo is a 55-hectare (140-acre) zoo in Johanessburg South Africa. Established in 1904, it has traditionally been owned and operated by the City of Johannesburg. The zoo is dedicated to the accommodation, enrichment, husbandry, and medical care of animals and houses about 2000 individuals of 320 species. Tours and excursions around the zoo are offered under the auspices of the zoo's education department.



Continue to see more pictures...


Picture time












































No comments:

Post a Comment