Thursday, June 11, 2015

FOOD ADDICTION: AM I REALLY AN ADDICT?

Hi lovelies,
I haven't post on the blog in a while, this is because I recently moved to the UK (would be here for awhile), before I return back to Nigeria. I have been trying to settle down and now, I feel settled and so I'm finally writing a post.

Today I will be talking on FOOD ADDICTION. It's an area many people are unknowingly and silently battling with. I have battled with it and tried different fad diets, but it wasn't until I recently accepted that this was an addiction and took certain steps to combatting it, now I can say I'm well and I have a better relationship with food. I have had clients who are going through this and with the help I was able to render, most of them have great testimonies to tell.


First of all, what is FOOD ADDICTION?

It's is simply an unhealthy and uncontrollable dependence on certain foods specifically junk food. It's called an addiction because most of its symptoms are similar to symptoms of people with a substance abuse problem. The only differences are the side effects. Most people with a a food addiction problem do not know, because they simply call them cravings and feed these cravings.


Before you rule yourself out, and say you don't have this problem, I would like you to keep reading to see the points I have outlined below, to help you diagnose and see if you fall into these category. Not to worry, if you do, there is a solution. Please keep reading...

Please read through carefully, and tell the truth to yourself (as that's the only person you really need to own up to).

THE FOOD ADDICTION CHECK-LIST


1.  You cannot control your intake of food, especially junk food or high sugar foods despite knowing that they are causing physical harm (eg weight gain).

2.  You have tried different diets or weight loss programs, but none has worked permanently.

3.  You have used laxatives, diuretics to induce purging, after you have eaten a lot.

4.  Done outrageous exercise almost immediately or at least a day after over eating.

5.  Do you find yourself feeling depressed, hopeless, sad or ashamed about your eating or your weight?

6.  Do you find yourself eating when you are upset or reward yourself with food when you do something good or when stressed out?

7.  You frequently get cravings for certain foods, despite feeling full and having just finished a nutritious meal.

8.   When you give in and start eating a food you were craving, you often find yourself eating much more than you intended to.

9.   When you eat a food you were craving, you sometimes eat to the point of feeling excessively “stuffed.”

10. You often feel guilty after eating particular foods, yet find yourself eating them again soon after.

11. You sometimes make excuses in your head about why you should eat something that you are craving.

12. You have repeatedly tried to quit eating or setting rules (includes cheat meals/days) about certain foods, but been unsuccessful.

13. You often hide your consumption of unhealthy foods from others.

If you are guilty of about 4 of these, then you probably have an unhealthy relationship with food. If you can relate to 6 or more you are probably already addicted.


Not to worry, in my next post, I would show you how I battled this, in clear simple steps.

Till my next post,

Bye.

Love,
Bubzille.

No comments:

Post a Comment