Saturday, October 17, 2015

3-IN-1 PREPOO: DETANGLE, MOISTURIZER, AND SHINE

Hi lovelies,

Alot of hair salons pay more attention to hair styling than haircare. Some adopt a "1 method fits all" pattern to hair care without bearing in mind that everyone's hair has different needs. Please don't get me wrong, salons are very good and convenient. However getting the kind of care that my hair really needs, could cost a lot more than doing it myself. Hence my DIY approach to hair maintenance.



Today's post is about my 3-in-1 prepoo mixture, that's affordable, and easy to make. It takes just 3 ingredients at the barest minimum (you could throw in more oils if u wish). I use this when my hair feels dry, or after I takedown a protective style. To see how I made this please keep reading...

The ingredients are:
1.  "Cheap" Conditioner
I used the word "cheap" because I use Cantu Hair products regularly for my hair (especially their rinse-out and leave-in conditioners) and they are slightly more expensive for a wash-out prepoo. Therefore for this prepoo mixture, I use a drugstore conditioner with healthy ingredients (always check labels). Adding a conditioner helps moisturise and soften my hair.


2.  Coconut Oil
This is my major detangler, I have done a post on his previously. To read my review, click here.



3.  Castor Oil
First, allow me add that I hate the smell of Castor oil... Lol. Anyway, the reason it's a part of this mixture, is it helps fight dandruff and scalp-flaking. It's also thick and running it though my hair strands help prevent further hair loss due to snagging. 



Well, there you have it, my mixture is about 2.5 parts of conditioner to 1 part castor, and 1 part coconut oil. 
Wear a plastic cap over your hair for 30minutes and wash off (check your conditioner bottle if stated otherwise).



No comments:

Post a Comment